Tuesday 27 January 2009

Progress...


Blocked in the main colour of the second figure tonight…spent a LONG time, just sitting looking at it…might be the drink, might have been a profound moment of thought…who can tell the difference…anyway, VERY pleased with the way it’s going at the moment, not sure quite how well the end result will turn out…not actually too worried about that either…am learning a great deal from the process of painting it and currently think I’m onto ‘something’….will be VERY interested to see what you all think of the final picture…showed the first stage to some other people today and was surprised by the fact that they didn’t know exactly what it was a picture of…Seems VERY clear to me, but I guess it would be as I’m painting it…I actually really liked the fact that they couldn’t tell what it was supposed to be…I like the idea of the viewer having to do a little work to discover the meaning of the painting…

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Ah!
I think this is a red card moment.

Unknown said...

lol...we have a winner....lol