Wednesday, 27 June 2012
I’m a bit late in posting this, but here is the first resin cast popped out of the mould. I’m not sure I’ve got the mixture quite right yet as it’s still a little sticky…it could also be the temperature in the studio, it’s not the warmest place in the world…I’ll take it back to the cottage tomorrow and see if it cures some more…
Sunday, 17 June 2012
Okay, here we have the next stage for the forest leaf… First our ingredients are assembled, then I’ve stuck the finished leaf carving into a container and Slowly….oh SO, slowly…poured in the Silicone…finally we have a strawberry milkshake looking substance drying…next stage to be blogged later in the week :)
And, I had to take a photo of all these lovely spray cans when they arrived last week…lots of lovely colours…I started priming the boards for the forest paintings this week, so they’re all ready to go…:)
Wednesday, 13 June 2012
Something new for you to look at here. This is a very early stage of carving of a leaf, I’m going to cast this and use it on the ‘orange’ paintings I’m about to start…it’ll also be used as the basis for a range of jewellery I’m going to make to go with the paintings… :)
Friday, 8 June 2012
Our new stock of cards has arrived today!
Eynsham, Woodstock, Cornwall along with a selection of the ‘Girls in Love’ images Graham painted last year. We’ll be adding to the range regularly :)
As well as being available at ‘The Cuckoo’s Nest’, they, along with a couple of Eynsham paintings are also available from Harrisons Sandwich Shop in the Square, Eynsham.
Art and lunch all in one location, what more could you ask for :)
Thursday, 7 June 2012
During June and July we’re giving 10% discount on all photos customers bring in for framing. So if you’ve got some mementos of the Queen’s Jubilee Celebrations or some sporting snaps to rival our Olympic athletes, bring them in and we’ll give you 10% off any style of frame you require. Don’t leave those photos on your computer, get them printed out, beautifully framed and hung on your wall where they belong!
Sunday, 3 June 2012
I’m in the middle of a very busy couple of weeks at the studio, there are some large commission canvases being worked on and lots of framing jobs coming in and out all the time.
However I managed to find some time yesterday to get back to my ‘orange’ experiment. I’ve tried so many different ways of layering the paint on, most of which were okay (like the gold in the middle), but they didn’t have the subtleties I was looking for. I actually used up all the paint I was working with other than some white, which doesn’t work with the rest of the image… but I felt I was getting closer to something, so decided to use it for one last layer. It’s just what I was after :)
Working on the commissions is proving really good for me as an artist, it’s making me much more experimental, much less precious and tight when working. I’m trying to take a step back, breaking down what’s in a picture, enhancing the bits that work and removing the bits that don’t. It’s a process I want to apply to a number of different styles of painting, this orange experiment being the first of those…