Thursday 3 July 2008

Black and Red Ideas



Thought I’d post a few scribbles I’ve done while thinking about the next picture I’m going to do…currently called ‘Black and Red’. I’ll leave you to see if you can interpret anything from these…they are quite messy, but that’s the way I do things…I don’t think I’m going to explain what it’s all about, a painting should be able to stand on its own two feet, rather than need a written dissertation…

I had the idea about a year ago and I’ve been looking at ‘Study after Velazquez’s Portrait of Pope Innocent X’ by Francis Bacon and ‘Guernica’ by Pablo Picasso for…emotional inspiration…So it’s going to be pretty dark :)

5 comments:

SueC said...

Why a rhino????

Unknown said...

The rhino is a very bulky, powerful, unstoppable creature, the lion/big cat is very strong, elegant, cunning hunter, the ape is an intelligent, violent, vicious beast…all can be calm creatures and violent, savage beasts…they can be beautiful and terrifying…you can want to be near them and terrified of them…

Lorna said...

Looking forward to seeing this one!

SueC said...

Hmm...and which creature are you???? ;-)

Unknown said...

I'll leave that for you to work out...:)