Sunday 13 January 2008

A New Year

Well there’s been a LONG break since the last blog update and it’s time to pull my finger out and get on with some work again. But first here’s a little post to bring 2007 to a close…




I finished and delivered the acrylic portrait over the New Year, the sitters seemed pleased with it and so was I…the drying time of the paint forced me to work in a different way to the oil portraits and I liked many of the ‘happy accidents’ that occurred while working this way…I’m currently toying with the idea of doing a new large figurative work and I’m considering doing it in acrylic rather than oil…either way, I’ll certainly be doing some more acrylic work in 2008.

2007 ended with some excitement and much sadness…





Excitement because along with Lorna and Sue I got a painting into the Oxford Open at Modern Art Oxford. The exhibition is a collection of works by Oxfordshire artists and is on from 12 Jan to 17 Feb. There’s a very diverse selection of work and visitors can vote on their favourite pieces. A selection panel will also pick their highlights which will then be moved into a separate gallery. Go take a look and see what you like :)





Sadness because Gwen passed away over Christmas…she was a wonderful, colourful woman and will be greatly missed by all her friends in the village and beyond…I was lucky enough to paint her a little while ago…she was the perfect sitter, charming, witty and relaxed. I shall remember that morning of sketching, along with our many evenings in the local pub with much fondness. It was an honour to paint such a wonderful character.

No comments: