Wednesday 7 February 2007

Bad Artist...


So there I was, having a quiet pint on my way home from work, when three young Lady's accost me and scold me for not having updated the blog this last week...How right they were...So, having finished my chores for the evening I thought I'd sketch out my idea for the first musician painting.

The plan is to have a musician in a trance like state...lost in the music as it were. In this case I've got him playing the drums on an upturned bin, while listening to the soundtrack on headphones...the picture is set in an old abandoned workshop, so there's nothing else musical in the picture...only what's in his head...

I've got half an idea to add a group of birds taking off in the background, but it might be a bit twee...and i really like the texture in the workshop...so I might leave them out.

One of the reasons I've not been blogging is because I've been working a bit on the commission I mentioned before. Anyway, all seems to be going well with that (Hello to you if you're reading this ;) ) I might post "some" elements of that picture when I start it, but the personal nature of the painting make it more of a private affair and not something to be gone into here in any detail...

Anyway, the Jack painting and the drummer are more than enough to keep me in blogging material :)

2 comments:

MissT said...

This trance like state is an interesting one. I believe that in the psychological literature it's known as a 'flow' state. It might be interesting to do a companion piece of the same musician in a 'peak' state, totally uplifted.

Unknown said...

I’m not sure he’d make a pretty picture in his “peak” state….he’s hyper enough as it is…Interesting idea though, I’ll have to give it further thought…Good thinking Miss T ;)